When we refreshed the Clarity brand last year, we looked at ways of getting the new, distinctive and bold branding out into public awareness. One of the opportunities was through my passion, yacht racing.
For over 100 years there has been a competitive fleet of big racing yachts here in ‘the City of Sails’. On almost any day racing yachts are a common sight, seen by thousands of commuters, people relaxing and by visitors. There are many different local racing programs as well as coastal, offshore and international events such as the Volvo Ocean Race.
We decided to sponsor the particular yacht I have been racing on for the past 5 years - Mojo. It’s not a massive cost but it gives a competitive edge and a floating billboard where we are proud to display our brand and business. And the results show…
2014-2015 summer racing:
• 1st on line in Royal NZ Yacht Squadron Division A
• 1st on PHRF (National) Handicap in Royal NZ Yacht Squadron Division A
• 2nd on General Handicap in Royal NZ Yacht Squadron Division A
• New Personal Best time Auckland to Russell in the annual Coastal Classic race
• 2nd on PHRF (National) Handicap in the 2015 Auckland Regatta
• 3rd on General Handicap in the 2015 Auckland Regatta
A competitive edge is what we like to think Clarity Hospitality Software provides for our clients. Like our sponsorship, not a great cost but outstanding tools for achieving great results.